KITCHEN CURATIONS: VEGAN CAESAR SALAD WITH CHICKPEA CROUTONS
Last week I posted my recipe for Crunchy Chickpeas, which are honestly delicious just on their own. But, my favorite way to eat them is on top salads, kind of like a crouton. I think they're particularly awesome when paired with my vegan Caesar dressing, so I guess that's how this salad came to be. Once you have the dressing and chickpeas done, you can really throw any salad ingredients together and you're golden. This time I kept it simple, but feel free to get creative! I also happen to love the dressing as a dip for things like crudité, or even on the side of some roasted vegetables and grilled chicken. The possibilities are endless!
Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cup water (or enough to cover cashews)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 spears of hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/3 cup Crunchy Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Caesar Dressing (or as much as you want!)
- To make the dressing, soak cashews in water for 4 hours, or even better overnight. Drain cashews and put in blender along with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Top with dressing, mix, and enjoy!