KITCHEN CURATIONS: CREAMY BLUEBERRY OATS
If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don't, you should totally get on that!) then you'd know I'm obsessed with this breakfast. So I'm finally posting the full recipe here so you can make it yourself at home!
This is a breakfast I go to sleep dreaming about at night. And it's one I'm excited to wake up for in the morning. I swear, it is so easy to make, and it never disappoints. It's warm and comforting, creamy and delicious, and keeps me full and energized to take on the day ahead.
So if you're looking for something to add to your breakfast routine, give this one a try!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- In a covered pot on the stove, bring almond milk to a boil.
- When the milk has come to a boil, uncover, reduce heat to simmer, and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well to ensure the maca powder and coconut flour do not clump.
- Let oats cook uncovered for about 20 minutes, mixing every few minutes.
- When oats are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid, they are done.
- I like to top mine with a whole assortment of goods! Coconut flakes, hemp seeds, raw nuts, berries, sliced banana, and even a drizzle of nut butter – all are fair game!